Thank you for your interest in donating material to the libraries in Oklahoma's State Institutions!
The library is the central information center for the facility’s residents. We obtain only the best materials to allow our users to meet their informational, educational, recreational, and cultural needs and interests.
The libraries have limited space to collect and store materials, and like all small public libraries:
- We are strict about the material we accept through purchase or donation.
- We have interlibrary loan service to share resources in less demand.
The libraries have an especially high need for:
- Recent bestsellers
- Fiction published in the last 5 years
- Nonfiction and encyclopedias published in the last 4 years
- Spanish-language material
- Children’s books in gift-giving condition for the Read to the Children program
- Art or photo books
- Books in large print
- Original audio CDs (music or books) in cases with original cover art
- Original DVDs (educational rather than entertainment) in cases with original cover art
- Adult-interest material: maximum of 22 copies of a single title
- Teen-interest material: maximum of 12 copies of a single title
What is Not Accepted
We do not accept donations of:
- “Cozy” mysteries
- Materials older than 10 years
- Books with highlighted, aged, musty, water-damaged, or mildewed pages
- Incomplete sets
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Time-Life Collections
For more information on how to donate
Email your Institutions Consultant, Wendy J Noerdlinger